Thursday, June 3, 2010

texts, textes, textses


when we don't know what the plural form of a word is
we make it up.
alls i've got to say... is whoever decided the plural form of 'text' (multiple text messages) is
'texts-es'
was wrong.
why is it that when this form of 'texts' refers to phone texts instead of actual text (ex. in a book) people think the plural form is different?

when people say what should just be 'texts'
'textses'
i die laughing at how ridiculous they sound
sounds like 'Texas', no?

Now back to all my texts.
both academic and cyber.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I have had this conversation with so many friends. It's TEXTS. I think.


Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

My name is Paige said...

Will you please post something about your engagement?! We haven't talked and I am excited to hear about everything. Are you just so happy?
Do you need help with anything? Let my family know!

paige